In this lesson we will learn about the fundamentals of CSS including syntax, formatting, selecting HTML elements to style, as well as font and color properties.
What's Covered in This Lesson
- Explain the purpose of CSS
- List and use various CSS syntax
- Use various formats of CSS
- Use CSS Selectors
- Use font & color properties
Styling The Front-End
- CSS allows us to style our HTML pages.
- CSS has three distinct formats; external CSS is considered the best option for styling websites.
- CSS provides a wide range of selectors to select different elements. Get to know them all.
- The more specific a selector, the more authority it has.
- Some properties are inherited from a parent element and others are not.
- Colors can be specified using color names, hex, rgb, rgba, hsl, or hsla.
- There are a wide range of font properties you can use to adjust your text.
- We can load web fonts that might not be available on the site visitor's computer by telling our CSS to load them from our server instead.
- Comments in CSS are written like
/* this */.
View CSS Fundamentals on Learn.co and start learning to code for free.